Now that Central Florida is finally beginning to see signs of autumn, many people are excited about the beautiful weather that is upon us. It’s the perfect temperature to do outdoorsy things, and if you are running out of ideas, or don’t want to spend an arm and a leg, John Madison Landscape has put together a list of fun, inexpensive outdoor activities you can do with your friends and family.
Have a BBQ or picnic. Everyone loves getting together and sharing great food when it’s nice outside. Whether it’s a Football Sunday or just a lazy Saturday evening, call up a few friends, tell them to bring their favorite dish, and have a relaxing time with laughs, food, and drinks.
- If it gets especially chilly one night, gather outside around your fire pit and have a bonfire. If you don’t have a fire pit, look into one from El Dorado Stone or Belgard, two of our fine contractors we work with for fire pits or outdoor kitchens.
- Tell ghost stories if you dare! Putting a flashlight under your chin while telling a scary story never gets old. If you happen to love s’mores, Kraft has now come out with a new product, StackerMallows, that we absolutely LOVE. They are flat marshmallows that are ideal for s’more-making! You’ve gotta check them out!
- One of our personal favorite outdoor ideas is to hold your own football tailgate in your backyard! Set up some corn hole boards, throw a couple footballs around, and have the games showing inside or if you’re lucky enough, on an outdoor television! Guys, gals, and kids alike will have fun whether or not they’re football fans.
- Everyone enjoys a Sunday brunch! Have some people over and do a light and easy breakfast like bagels and fruit. It doesn’t take a lot of money or planning. With nice
weather like this, nothing feels better than starting the day off outdoors and discussing the weekend. Don’t forget the mimosas and bloody marys!
- Birdwatching! Set yourself up for some serious bird-watching with a bird guidebook, binoculars, and a chair. You might just catch a robin building a nest or hummingbirds fluttering in front of the trees. Slather a wooden birdhouse or even just a pine cone with peanut butter for more bird action.
- Wash the car! Washing the car can be lots of fun, and will often turn into playing with sponges and water going everywhere. You could make it into a money making enterprise by asking around the neighborhood whether people want their cars washed!
- Garage Sale! Clean out your house and make money at the same time! Gather some gently used items from in and around your house and set up a few tables out front. Get your whole neighborhood or family involved to make it as large or as small as you want. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure!
If you want to find out more about how to create an outdoor room in your yard that is perfect for entertaining, give us a call at 407-935-9151 or click here.